1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Active server SkyFactory3

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by c_u_r_x, Jan 19, 2017.

1. c_u_r_x

c_u_r_x Redstone Jesus Administrator Network Manager

Skyfac3.png

Hi everybody, Here's our current situation (prepare for rant),
    So recently, I've become sick of minecraft 1.7.10, like so sick i hadn't logged into resonant rise since before Christmas. It feels like modded has been on that version for so long and there are so many new cool mods and features in 1.10.2. However, 1.10.2 is plagued by the fact that there is no forge-bukkit bridge to allow us to use plugins on the server like we normally do so i also wasn't very motivated to do anything there until something did get released. That seems to be taking longer than we expected it to so we have just opened SkyFactory 3 on the usual play.modvortex.com address.

It is pretty much as basic as servers come. It has a few things thrown in to let you guys make your own islands and to stop spawn blowing up but no more than that. (rant over). There's no voting. No donation perks or anything like that because we simply don't have any way of adding it until either sponge works (yes, we did try but it has some issues with a lot of mods right now) or a new forge-bukkit link is created.

SkyFactory3 is a pretty awesome pack actually. A couple of us have been playing it for 2 days now until i could get all the stuff working like how to generate people's islands automatically blah blah blah (backend stuff, get back on track curx, you're losing it man). It has a lot of mods that you will know and a lot that you probably wont but it just feels fresh. Old mods have been given a fresh lick of paint and new mods are interesting and fun to explore. Tinker's construct got some really nice updates and its even more awesome now than it used to be. It's a skyblock pack but its not too grindy like agrarian skies was because veinminer speeds up the whole early game drastically. Also you get to twerk on trees to make them grow faster. If you think i'm joking, I'm not i promise, you really do have to twerk on your trees to get them to grow.

TLDR;
    Modpack - SkyFactory3
    Launcher - FTB / Curse
    IP - play.modvortex.com
    Do it!
    Do it now!
    #TwerkingSim2k17

P.S

Just to get some conversation going, post your favourite parts of the modpack below. Tell us about stuff you think we might have missed that's really useful or just stuff you like about it!

dat594, Unilauh, Orekoth and 5 others like this.
  2. c_u_r_x

A few screenshots so far

WallCow.png

ButtEyed.png

LootLoot.png

DiceFace.png

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Orekoth and HunterAshh like this.
  3. Orekoth

Orekoth Senior Member Donator

Apologies for the slight spam (I posted this on the Shoutbox but thought that it might fit better here).

If you get a crash in SkyFactory 3 v3.0.4 after adding OptiFine, it is likely that you need to update your Surge mod:
    1. net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderExceptionModCrash: Caught exception from Cyclops Core (cyclopscore)
    2. Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/renderer/texture/TextureAtlasSprite
    Surge mod: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/surge/files/2367555
    Source: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/fo...optifine_1-10-2_hd_u_d6-skyfactory-3-crash-at

Edit: This did work for me, so hopefully that is the last of the OptiFine issues...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  4. Quantum Blade

Quantum Blade Well-Known Member Donator Entomologist

I've heard repeatedly in Darkosto's twitch channel that Optifine won't work with SF3. If you don't know, Darkosto is the guy that did the vast majority of the work putting together the SF3 pack. I don't know if that surge update fixes the problem, but if you are still getting issues after trying that, I'd recommend removing optifine altogether.

5. c_u_r_x

I've heard a lot about it too but im pretty certain you can fix it for this version by updating/changing a few mods. The ones it seems to cause issues with are generally ones that aren't version specific and you can connect to the server if you have a newer version thankfully. Annoyingly optifine isn't really considered by other modmakers anymore since its not allowed to be distributed in packs... Good luck getting that working though!

6. c_u_r_x

With a little bit of tweaking of sponge and some of the server side mods Mitch mananged to get the server to run on cauldron. There were some complications on how we were going to update without everything being reset because the island mod we used on the basic server doesn't work with sponge. SOOOOOO. We are moving islands over manually with world edit. We've tested it thoroughly and worldedit is very capable and has really impressed me.

So over the next few days, mitch and i will be moving people and islands over from play.modvortex.com to play.modvortex.com:33333 (Once everybody has moved then the ports will switch back, it's just temporary and we really didn't want to start resetting islands)

Being on sponge means we will be able to do a whole lot more (not quite as much as bukkit but chat formatting for a start!!!)

Already moved - Me, Mitch, Oreo, Snipe, Ash, Isis
    Still to be moved - Bones, Fallout + redpanda, rowlan, Eidel, Orekoth

7. dat594

dat594 Well-Known Member Donator

I literally danced in my chair when I saw this post. wanted to play this pack on a server since I fist saw it. also, hey guys long time no see

HunterAshh likes this.
  8. c_u_r_x

Nice to see you back! We are still on version v3.0.4 for the time being. Hopefully will update at some point this weekend to the recommended version which came out mid-week.

PS - Get your twerk on